June 11, 2013
CNSX Markets Deploys Point of Presence in Equinix TR1 Data Center
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and TORONTO – June 11, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that CNSX Markets Inc. (CNSX Markets) has deployed a point of presence (PoP) in Equinix's TR1 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Toronto, Canada.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Spurred by requests from customers already located in the Equinix TR1 facility, CNSX Markets expanded its infrastructure into TR1 to streamline connectivity and reduce costs.
- CNSX Markets, a recognized stock exchange, is the operator of two venues: the Canadian National Stock Exchange (CNSX) and Pure Trading™. CNSX is a venue for listing and trading of Canadian public companies, primarily in their early stage of development. Pure Trading provides a low latency/high performance continuous auction market system for securities listed on other Canadian stock exchanges.
- Location directly affects cost trajectories, system performance and a financial institution's ability to keep up with fast moving trends. CNSX Markets' new PoP in Toronto positions its systems for maximum connectivity, performance and agility, which lowers the barrier to entry for dealer participation.
- Equinix's TR1 IBX data center is located in the preeminent telecommunications carrier hotel and data center facility in Canada. TR1 provides CNSX Markets with a full array of premium data center and support services with extensive network choice and the ability to interconnect to customers and partners across the financial services ecosystem.
- Richard Carleton, CEO, CNSX Markets:
"The Equinix data center in downtown Toronto represents a significant concentration of equity market liquidity in Canada. As an organization, we are constantly looking for ways to assist our dealers and other market participants to reduce costs and network management challenges. By offering our customers a low cost, high performance access to our services through the new point of presence at Equinix we can broaden the access and visibility of our marketplaces."
- Stewart Orrell, managing director, Global Financial Services, Equinix:
"CNSX's point of presence will be a valuable addition to our growing financial ecosystem, offering direct access to an even wider range of securities and market data available from one location."
- Welcome to the World's New Financial Center [video]
- Rewriting the Rules for Financial Trading Infrastructure [whitepaper]
About CNSX Markets
Pure Trading provides a high capacity/low latency continuous auction market for the trading of securities listed on other Canadian stock exchanges. In operation since 2003, CNSX is an innovative venue for trading the securities of public companies. CNSX's unique market model matches enhanced disclosure and streamlined issuer regulation with leading edge technology and comprehensive regulatory oversight to capital formation and efficient secondary market trading for entrepreneurs, public companies, investors and investment dealers. www.cnsx.ca.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.