June 3, 2013
Wargaming Extends Data Center Presence across Europe with Equinix
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and FRANKFURT, Germany – June 3, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Wargaming, the award-winning online game developer in the free-to-play Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) market, is expanding into Equinix's Campus Kleyer data center in Frankfurt, Germany.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Already located in Equinix's Amsterdam data center, Wargaming's expansion into Campus Kleyer will enable it to take advantage of two Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers and benefit from access to an even greater number of network partners along with additional capacity to grow its business with Platform Equinix™.
- By deploying in Campus Kleyer, Wargaming can connect with over 4,000 digital content, cloud and finance companies within Platform Equinix. The security and location of Campus Kleyer, along with its broad choice of network connectivity partners, will ensure reduced latency as well as delivery of a consistently high-quality gaming experience to customers.
- With more than 450 network operators, Campus Kleyer is one of the most highly connected sites in Europe. Acting as a global hub, Campus Kleyer will provide Wargaming with access to all five continents and support the company's recently launched portal—Wargaming.net—that has been designed to bring all the game developers' titles under one globally integrated platform.
- In addition to being able to access all the developers' titles through the portal, gamers will also benefit from faster response to player reactions and reduced lag.
- Andre Reitenbach, managing director, Wargaming Interactive GmbH: "The expansion into Equinix's Campus Kleyer data center in Frankfurt was the next logical step in our commitment to providing the best possible experience for our players. Equinix Amsterdam proved it could deliver a reliable, reduced latency service helping us to drive a better gaming experience and give us an edge against our MMO gaming competitors. Frankfurt is the most important interconnection hub for networks throughput in Europe and locating there provides access to all the major providers and peering partners, allowing us to optimize connectivity to all gaming markets in Western and Eastern Europe."
- Dick Theunissen, CMO, Equinix EMEA: "With the predicted growth of the online gaming market estimated to be over $117 billion by 2015, it's crucial that online gaming companies have a scalable and secure infrastructure to underpin and capitalize on growth opportunities. The high network density and interconnectivity opportunities offered at Campus Kleyer make it a strategically significant location and crucial to supporting Wargaming's aim of global expansion."
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher and one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO market. Founded as a privately held company in 1998, Wargaming has shipped more than 15 titles and employs over 1500 people across such key regions as North America, Europe, Russia, Asia, and Australia.
Currently, Wargaming is focused on its team-based MMO war series dedicated to mid-20th century warfare that will include the company's flagship armored MMO World of Tanks, launched in April 2011 and currently boasting 55 million players worldwide, the flight combat World of Warplanes, named one of the most anticipated MMOs, and the naval World of Warships, scheduled for release in 2013.
In June 2012, Wargaming announced the Wargaming.net Service, the epicenter of the online battle gaming universe that will gather the series under a single portal—www.wargaming.net.
Official website: www.wargaming.com
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.