REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and LONDON, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, announced today that it has completed the second phase expansion of its LD6 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Slough, London. This new phase further supports businesses expanding in the UK, providing customers with the critical IT infrastructure required to gain competitive advantage.
With $42M of capital investment, the second phase of LD6 will add 1,385 cabinets, bringing the total operational capacity of the data center to 2,770 cabinets. This expansion is also an indicator of Equinix's continued commitment to the UK, where demand for data centers and colocation services in the cloud, enterprise and financial services sectors continue to grow.
In evidenza / Fattori chiave
- With the fifth largest GDP by metropolitan area in the world, London is a key player in the global digital economy. Equinix's LD6 campus is one of the fastest-growing in the UK and has been established as a hub for businesses to interconnect in a secure colocation environment.
- With more than 90 network service providers and access to a range of transatlantic sub-sea cables, LD6 is one of the busiest network nodes in the UK, and offers latency in the region of 30 milliseconds to New York and 4 milliseconds to Frankfurt. This makes it an optimal high-performance hub for cloud and content service provision.
- The facility also houses LINX, one of the world's largest Internet Exchanges, and serves as a virtual financial center for more than 170 financial services companies. A quarter of European equities trades flow through Equinix data centers.
- Following this latest investment, Equinix's LD6 London Slough campus will provide more than 408,000 square feet (38,000 square meters) of net premium colocation space interconnected by more than 1,000 diverse dark fiber links, increasing scale and resilience. Additionally, with seven data center sites strategically located throughout London, Equinix provides businesses with increased options for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- According to a recent report by Gartner entitled, Colocation-Based Interconnection Will Serve as the 'Glue' for Advanced Digital Business Applications, "Digital business is enabled and enhanced through high-speed, secure, low-latency communication among enterprise assets, cloud resources, and an ecosystem of service providers and peers. Architects and IT leaders must consider carrier-neutral data center interconnection as a digital business enabler."
- LD6 houses many customers benefiting from Platform Equinix™. Beeks Financial Cloud is a UK-based customer that leverages Platform Equinix across a number of markets, directly connecting to financial market participants, cloud services providers and networks. Originally deployed in LD4, Beeks has continued to expand to other Equinix sites across the globe as its business required more capacity and scale.
- Another London customer is CFH Clearing. Part of the CFH Group, the STP trading venue provides sophisticated technology solutions for global clients including banks, brokers and professional traders. The company works with both Beeks and Equinix, relying on Equinix for maximum connectivity and low latency.
- With 146 IBX data centers in 40 markets including seven data centers in London (LD1, LD3, LD4, LD5, LD6, LD8 and LD9), Equinix provides customers with even more ways to connect with other businesses across the globe.
- Gordon McArthur, CEO, Beeks Financial Cloud:
"Platform Equinix has been a cornerstone for the Beeks Financial Cloud – enabling the speed, resilience and reduced latency our customers have come to expect. Our presence in the Equinix's London data centers provides connectivity to all the major networks and cloud service providers, as well as financial services companies. This level of interconnection is what helps a business like Beeks to thrive. It's more than a data center platform – it's a platform for innovation."
- Lars Holst, CEO, CFH Clearing:
"CFH Clearing has a long-standing relationship with Equinix and leverages its interconnection platform in key markets around the world. London continues to be a critical connectivity point for our business and a strategic place to interconnect securely with ecosystem partners such as Beeks Financial Cloud and many others. We are glad to see Equinix continuing to invest in this market to enable future growth and opportunity."
- Russell Poole, managing director UK, Equinix:
"As one of the most pivotal connection points in the world, London continues to play a significant role in facilitating the flow of data that supports the digital economy. With the completion of the second phase of LD6, Equinix will bring to market more opportunity for interconnection to connect companies to their customers, employees and partners and to ultimately accelerate their business performance."
A proposito di Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) collega aziende leader del mondo ai loro clienti, dipendenti e partner all'interno dei data center più interconnessi. In 40 mercati nei cinque continenti, Equinix è il luogo in cui le aziende si riuniscono per realizzare nuove opportunità e accelerare il proprio business, IT e strategie di cloud. www.equinix.com.
Il presente comunicato stampa contiene dichiarazioni previsionali che implicano rischi e incertezze. I risultati effettivi possono differire materialmente dalle aspettative discusse in queste dichiarazioni previsionali. I fattori che potrebbero causare tali differenze includono, ma non sono limitati a, problematiche di acquisizione, gestione e costruzione di centri IBX e lo sviluppo, implementazione e fornitura di servizi Equinix; costi non previsti o difficoltà relative all'integrazione di società che abbiamo acquisito o che verranno acquisite da Equinix; mancato ricevimento di entrate significative da parte di utenti in data center recentemente costruiti o acquisiti; mancato completamento di accordi finanziari previsti di volta in volta; concorrenza da parte della concorrenza esistente e nuova; capacità di generare flussi di cassa sufficienti o comunque di ottenere fondi per rimborsare l'indebitamento nuovo o arretrato; la perdita o il declino delle attività da parte dei nostri clienti chiave; e altri rischi descritti di volta in volta nei documenti depositati da Equinix presso la Securities and Exchange Commission. In particolare, vedere le recenti relazioni trimestrali e annuali di Equinix depositate presso la Securities and Exchange Commission, le cui copie sono disponibili su richiesta presso Equinix. Equinix non si assume alcun obbligo di aggiornare le informazioni previsionali contenute nel presente comunicato stampa.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Press Contacts: Liam Rose (EMEA), +44 (0) 207 618 9602, email@example.com, or Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, email@example.com